Sunday, June 20, 2010

G'Day Mate!!!

G'day mates!! This is my new blog created so that you can keep track of everything I do and see in Australia. I hope you all enjoy!

Here a summary of what I am doing over there! I'm working with an organization called International Student Volunteers, doing conservation volunteer work in Townsville which is northeast on the coast between Airlie Beach and Cairns. I will be studying the water quality of a local river, rebuilding dunes, and helping out with a Nursery growing seedlings to help with reforestation. This is just for the first two weeks however. The last 14 days will be spent "Adventure Touring" from Cairns going southbound to Sydney. This includes everything from snorkling in the Great Barrier Reef to hiking in the Blue Mountains.

It IS Winter there so I have packed everything from a bathsuit to a winter jacket (YIKES) It's going to be fun!

Now to break up the traveling, I am flying to San Diego with Mom & Dad 3 days before I leave the States. We're going to go to the San Diego Zoo and Sea World there, and then driving to LA where I depart for a 14 hour flight!

Thank you all for supporting on my adventures, especially you Mom and Dad!!! I love you all! Hope you enjoy this blog! I'm new at this so....well...we'll see :)

1 month, 4 weeks, 28 days....Let it ROCK!

June 24-July 23

2 comments:

  1. Have an amazing time, CP! LOVE YOU!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow ur carrying a lot of crap in that picture...tho i suppose u can borrow my kangaroo to help u carry it =P LOVE YOU MISS YOU SEE U IN 45 DAYS!!!!

    ReplyDelete